30 minutes $150/month
45 minutes $180/month
60 minutes $240/month
Monthly tuition covers a range of 38-40 private lessons throughout the year and one recital. The studio calendar will closely follow the Beaverton School District schedule as far as holiday breaks and summer vacation. First lessons of the year begin the week of September 11-15, 2023. If you have two or more children taking lessons, you will receive a 5% discount for 2nd child. Payments can be made using Zelle, via check, Venmo, or Paypal.
Adult Lessons/A La Carte: Adults are welcome to take lessons with me! Adult beginners start with 45 minutes ($55 per lesson), and intermediate and advanced students typically have hour long lessons ($70 per lesson).
• Correctly sized violin and bow – you should be able to reach a hand around the violin scroll and get one finger into the pegbox
• Foam shoulder pad or shoulder rest (I recommend the Kun shoulder rests)
• A notebook and pencil for taking notes at lessons
• Tuner (A tuning app on your phone works well)
• Suzuki Violin School Volume 1, Revised Edition, WITH CD
Expectations for Enrollment
When you enroll in the studio, you are committing yourself to a worthwhile endeavor that will require effort over time. For this reason, it is my policy for students to commit to one academic year in the studio (September through June). If you decide to stop lessons during the year, you will need to give me one month of notice before ending your payment so that I can fill the spot. Learning a new skill is one of life's greatest joys! Making a one year commitment for beginners will support students to persevere in their journey with music.